List Price: $29.95
Sale Price: $29.95
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Feelings DetectiveTM helps all children understand their own feelings as well as the feelings of others. It is especially helpful for children who tend to misread social cues, including those who have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome or are at any other position on the autism Spectrum. Specific examples help players to link specific situations and thoughts with specific feelings. Feelings are the most basic building blocks of social skills. Without the ability to recognize feelings in themselves and others, children are not able to master social interactions. Although some children are naturally better at recognizing feelings than others, all children can improve their skills in these areas. Feelings Detective is a matching game. The Feeling Cards have only one feeling word on it, such as happy or frustrated. Players try to match these cards with the Feeling Talk Cards, which have examples of cognitive talk that reflect that feeling. There are two decks of Feeling Cards and two decks of Feeling Talk Cards. The red and blue cards are for younger players, generally grades 1 to 3, and the orange and purple cards are for older players, generally grades 4 to 6.
- Players will better understand their own feelings and the feelings of others.
- Players will better understand the specific situations that trigger their own feelings and the feelings of others.
- Players will better understand the relationship between comfortable and uncomfortable feelings and the consequences of those feelings.
- Players will improve their skills in regulating their feelings as a way to reach their personal and social goals.
- Players will improve their level of comfort in a variety of social situations.