List Price: $69.32
Sale Price: $49.95
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Impulse Control Game is an educational and therapeutic board game designed to help young people with ADD, ADHD, and other conditions involving impulse control problems. Learning to stop and think is a good start, but effective control of impulses requires the acquisition of specific skills. The game teaches seven specific skills that have been proven in the research literature to help impulsive children control their impulses, make good decisions, and avoid actions that are detrimental to themselves and others. In the game, players drive their cars, making their way through a maze of roads. At each intersection they have to make a decision regarding the best path. Some paths are shorter, but contain various hazards that are represented by road signs. For example a yield sign means that the player must go back two spaces. Therefore, players must avoid hasty decisions and choose their routes in a way that looks forward to the consequences of each path. They learn that the "easy way" is not always the best way. In order to do well in the game, players are forced to delay decisions until the facts and consequences have been considered. Includes 2 decks of cards (ages 6-11 and ages 12-15), 2 sets of rules (cooperative and competitive), bag of remote control buttons, cooperation sheet (has room for 15 buttons), and a facilitator guide. For 2-5 players. Ages 6-15. Choking hazard - small parts not intended for children under 3 years.
- ? A fun, unique way to learn impulse control with the buttons of a remote control.
- ? Helps all children acquire and practice seven specific skills to help control their impulses and make good decisions.
- ? Helps children take into consideration the consequences of their actions.
- ? Helps children evaluate alternatives before acting.
- ? Fun for the whole family! Parents will enjoy playing with their children.